Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where or when can I take pesticide license exams?

A:The first thing you need to know is the type of license you will need. You can find that information in the following question. To find the location and times these exams are offered, you will need to contact your local county’s extension office, a list of Florida’s extension offices can be found here...


Q: What type of license do I need for applying pesticides in Florida?

A: This website contains of list of the different types of licenses.


Q: If I have a license with two categories how many CEU’s do I need?

A: "Licensees who renew their licenses with CEUs must earn 4 Core CEUs plus the number of category CEUs as shown in the table below. Only 4 Core CEUs are required per license - not 4 Core CEUs per category.  All category CEUs must be approved for the specific category."

*information taken from Division of AES, for a more comprehensive list of requirements, visit: their site.


Q: Do I need a license for applying fertilizer impregnated with herbicides to a customer’s lawn?

A: Yes, herbicides are classified as pesticides. For license types, visit the Prohort website.


Q: Is there a hotline for calling if there has been an emergency involving a pesticide poisoning?

A: Yes, the Florida Poison Information Center is toll free: 1-800-222-1222. We suggest you keep this number on your person and post it at areas where pesticides will be mixed.


If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact the Pesticide Information Office at (352)392-4721













September 24, 2015